Traks is a combinatorial sound toy. Mixing model railroads and 1960’s minimalist composition, Traks allows players to build up circular networks of bifurcating rails that branch out into both simple and complex combinations of musical possibility. By placing notes, “tranes”, and semaphores into this ludic rail yard, a modular melody emerges, otherwise known as algorithmic music.
- Installation: Traks
- Concept + Developement: Douglas Edric Stanley
- Platform: iPad
- Development platform: OpenFrameworks
- Exhibition: Gamerz 06 (site uses Flash)
- Dates: 3-16 December, 2010
- Time: 14:00 - 19:00
- Venue: Seconde Nature
- Location: 27 B Rue 11 Novembre, 13090 Aix-en-Provence, France
Traks will be exhibited at the Festival Gamerz as a playable prototype for iPad.