- Workshop: Méthodologies ludiques
- Section: « Les chaînes opératoires » Pôle Processus (1/2/3)
- Institution: École supérieure d’art d’Aix-en-Provence
- Dates: 17-19 October 2018
- Project Lead: Douglas Edric Stanley
- Collaborators: Camille Vidcoq, Gregory Pignot
- Students: Woojun CHOI, Zoé HAMOU, Sarah-Louise HONORÉ, Corentin HOUZÉ JOLY, Inès LAMALCHI, Sanha PARK, Lyne SALVY-DEMOULIN, Vincent SARDELLI, Benjamin AUBRY, Raphaël HENTZ, Wonjun JANG, Sol MOON, Daeseok AN, Boris BERMOND, Juliette FRECHURET, Daye KANG, Elisa MARTINEZ, Luca SCHAUMBURG, Max SISTER, Clément SOKOLOWSKI
This is a short 3-day class/workshop/intervention where my role was to introduce play and playful strategies as methods for artistic creation. The larger context was a 3-month transdisciplinary collaborations with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years students and several ateliers of the École supérieure d’art d’Aix-en-Provence to explore the idea of « chaînes opératoires ».
We used playing cards as a starter method, inspired by the Crash Cards methodology developped for ENIAROF, and then worked from there to develop our own cards and/or methdologies, depending on the project. You can see the actual cards drawn over at the Crash Cards interface.
Projects were defined by the cards and ranged from the creation of a conference, a play, a walk, a game (using post-its), a drawing (using Piecharts as a methodology), an installation, a story.
Some images from the workshop :
Here is the schedule from the first day :