- Project: Mur Communicant
- Workshops: DataFlow (7-11.6.2010), Communication (23.3-2.4.2010), Toucher (8-19.2.2010), Mobilité (1-5.12.2009)
- Partners: Seconde Nature + FING + PACA Labs + ZINC + Digital Deluxe + villes d'Aix-en-Provence et de Marseille
- Participants: Atelier Hypermédia ESAA + Studio Lentigo ENSBAM + École Spéciale d'Architecture + École National Supérieure des Arts Décoratives + Media Design HEAD
- Technical Collaboration: Guillaume Stagnaro, Elizabeth Guyon, Stéphane Cousot, Pascal Chirol, Julien Gachadoat, Memo Akten
- Development Platforms: OpenFrameworks, Processing, PureData, OpenCV, OpenSoundControl, TUIO, launchd
Over the past year I have been working for Seconde Nature designing a public multi-touch platform via my Atelier Hypermédia in Aix-en-Provence. It's a fairly ambitious project and involves many partners and most importantly, a whole bunch of students and researchers from five different schools/departments exploring interactivity from the perspectives of art, design, architecture or some combination therein. While I've been tooling away at the project in some form or another over the past 12 months, the production team was officially formed at the beginning of 2010 and still has about 6 months to go before completing the project with an exhibition planned for early 2011 in Aix-en-Provence and Marseille. In other words, we're only at the half-way point and anything you see here should be considered highly work-in-progress, and purely experimental/speculative in nature.
That said, we have amassed enough material from the exploratory/workshop phase of the project to create the following document which can be considered a collection of ideas that we found interesting enough to record and group into this 20-minute demo reel. There were actually far more ideas explored than those you will see in this reel but they were unfortunately either lacking decent documentation or were simply too preliminary/unpolished. That said, many if not all of these ideas will need to be completely reworked during the production phase of the project. Only a few will be retained and most of those will be redesigned in collaboration with our content partners.
All of the projects were built within one of the four workshops, with each workshop lasting either 1 or 2 weeks. In total, this reel represents the accumulation of about 6 weeks of direct prototyping.